Date PostedSeptember 27, 2023
Offered Salary£76000 / year
Expiration dateDecember 1, 2023
Our client is seeking a high calibre candidate with good leadership and mentoring skills to help their experienced team provide an exceptional level of care. A certificate holder would be desired but not necessary.
About the Role:
The role would suit an experienced vet with a drive to lead the team and maintain a great culture. They would be supported by both the Practice Manager and the Area Director. Leadership and Management courses are encouraged. Shifts would ideally be worked over a 4-day week but flexible working would be considered. The shifts are generally 8:30 – 18:00. There is a 1 in 3 Saturday morning rota and no OOH.
About the Practice:
They are a small but busy practice with a close-knit team. The practice has a good level of equipment and they encourage and support progression and certification.
They have 3.5 FTE Vets, 4 RVNs and lots of support from their Receptionists and ACAs. The candidate will lead the team with the support of the Practice Manager. Their culture encourages open conversations and they look to continuously improve their client and patient experience. Wellbeing is high on their priorities for their team and they are always working towards improving their teams working experience.
Because their employees matter
They recognise that their people are fundamental to the success of their business. Investing in their people, premises and processes is at the heart of what they do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from –
- 7.6 weeks annual leave
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1250 CPD allowance
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, they are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, they are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.