Date PostedNovember 8, 2023
Offered Salary£72000 / year
Expiration dateDecember 8, 2023
Our client is looking for a Clinical Director who will be working alongside another Clinical Director and Practice Manager.
About the Role:
The role will include ensuring high levels of clinical care and support for the team alongside excellent client care and implementing policies and initiatives to drive clinical excellence and team engagement. Chairing meetings and holding 1-2-1 catch-ups with the Senior Management team are other regular duties.
This is a full-time permanent role working 4 days per week. There will be some weekends and no out-of-hours.
About the Practice:
They are a busy, 4-site practice located in the beautiful Chilterns, an area of outstanding natural beauty and located within commuting distance of London. The Chilterns balances beautiful countryside living with access to metropolitan areas. The two main sites are located in Chesham and Chalfont St Giles, with branches in Amersham and Beaconsfield.
Both main sites are equipped with X-ray, dental X-ray, ultrasound, Class IV laser machines and separate dog and cat wards. They have a full endoscopic suite at the Chesham branch and full ophthalmology kit at the Chalfont branch. They also have their own purpose-built training hub, perfect for CPD, meetings and social gatherings.
They perform a high level of clinical care, with many of their vets having completed or undertaking certificates. They currently have vets trained or training in dermatology, ophthalmology, cardiology, endoscopy, surgery, feline medicine, internal medicine and emergency and critical care. They also believe that advanced training for nurses is important and have a number of Registered Veterinary Nurses undergoing certificates. They have their own rehab team, with a qualified physiotherapist and 2 class IV lasers.
Team engagement and support is very important, so they organise 4 social events a year. They put a lot of emphasis on ‘non-clinical’ CPD, such as wellness and wellbeing, communication skills, leadership etc.
Because their employees matter
They recognise that their people are fundamental to the success of their business. Investing in their people, premises and processes is at the heart of what they do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from:
- 7.2 weeks annual leave
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1200 CPD allowance with 40 hours paid pro rata
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, they are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, they are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.