Date PostedSeptember 21, 2023
Offered Salary£32000 / year
Expiration dateDecember 1, 2023
Our client is looking for a Head Veterinary Nurse to join their fantastic team in Thrapston, Northamptonshire! The team is dedicated to providing high standards of veterinary care, and they are looking for a new member of staff that shares their values. You will be fully supported by the friendly staff, in their large purpose-built practice that provides a light, spacious, modern, and low stress environment to work in.
About the Role:
The rota includes working Monday – Friday between the hours of 8:30am-5:00pm or 10:30am-7:00pm. There will be 1 in 3 Saturdays and no out of hours. They are also open to part-time candidates.
They are a 100% small animal practice with a varied caseload. They have a progressive attitude and are inclusive in their approach to change. They work up cases thoroughly and understand the importance of continuity for both client, patient, and clinician. They have a wonderful, loyal client base; a large number of their clients have been with them for many years.
About the Practice:
Their people are at the heart of everything that they do, that’s why they know that work-life balance is vital in supporting their people to be their best selves. The flexible approach to rota patterns and working hours offers a balance that truly flexes with you and your lifestyle no matter what stage you are in your career.
The Group has nine Veterinary Surgeons including four who either hold or are working towards certificates. They also have a team of experienced Registered Veterinary Nurses plus dedicated Student Veterinary Nurses and Support team members.
They have all the equipment you will need when you come to work in a quality practice including dental suite with digital x-ray, new ultrasound with colour, two K-Lasers, digital x-ray, endoscopy, full in-house Idexx laboratory, gold standard anaesthesia using Humphrey ADE circuits, multiparameter monitors, patient warming, oxygen generators and more.
Northamptonshire is a lovely rural county to live in, Cambridge and Milton Keynes are an easy drive and London a short train journey.
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing, including discounted gym membership
- Non-accidental injury support
- £550 CPD allowance for 24 hours paid pro rata
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension 5% Employee/3% Employer