Registered Veterinary Nurse
Date PostedSeptember 21, 2023
Offered Salary£30000 / year
Expiration dateDecember 1, 2023
Our client is situated in the heart of the picturesque Lincolnshire region between Spalding and Boston, they’re on the lookout for a passionate and dedicated Registered Veterinary Nurse to join their dynamic team. Ready to let your passion for animal care shine brighter than ever? Here’s your chance.
About the Role:
Dive into a fulfilling role, embracing either a 4 or 5-day working week, totalling 42 hours. Your day-to-day duties will encompass a wide range of responsibilities, including general medical nursing for in-patients, referral patients, and emergency cases. You’ll also shine in theatre, schedule 3 procedures, radiography, laboratory work, consulting shifts, and the rewarding task of teaching and mentoring Student Veterinary Nurses and Support Staff.
Join their supportive team in a 1:5 Saturday or Sunday day shift rotation, providing you with a well-deserved work-life balance. Enjoy a manageable 1:15 rotation for weekend nights, offering you peace of mind.
About the Practice:
Their people are at the heart of everything that they do, that’s why they know that work-life balance is vital in supporting their people to be their best selves. Their flexible approach to rota patterns and working hours offers a balance that truly flexes with you and your lifestyle no matter what stage you are in your career.
Their location, nestled between Spalding and Boston in beautiful Lincolnshire, offers a serene setting for your career. As an RCVS accredited Hospital, they pride themselves on being well-equipped, ensuring you have access to all the tools you need to excel.
They’re not just a veterinary practice; they’re a family, comprising the main hospital and 4 branch practices. Their team is formidable, featuring 17 Vets, including certificate holders in Orthopaedics, Soft Tissue Surgery, ECC, and medicine. Supporting them are 50+ RVNs, SVNs, VCAs, ACAs, Reception, and admin staff, all working together harmoniously to provide exceptional care.
They recognise that their people are fundamental to the success of their business. Investing in their people, premises and processes is at the heart of what they do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from –
• 6.6 weeks annual leave
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Private Medical Insurance
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing, including discounted gym membership
• Non-accidental injury support
• £500 CPD allowance with 3 days paid pro rata
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care