Registered Veterinary Nurse
Date PostedSeptember 28, 2023
Offered Salary£29000 / year
Expiration dateDecember 1, 2023
Our client is looking for a caring Registered Veterinary Nurse to join their team on a permanent basis! The role is a clinical led role but with some general nursing and assisting with procedural work. They would like someone with a keen interest in clinics primarily with some general nursing (in-patient care, anaesthesia, patient prep and lab work).
About the Role:
Their people are at the heart of everything that they do, that’s why they know that work-life balance is vital in supporting their people to be their best selves. Their flexible approach to rota patterns and working hours offers a balance that truly flexes with you and your lifestyle no matter what stage you are in your career. The full time hours for this role consist of 40 hours per week spread over 4 or 5 days however they are open to speak to both full and part time candidate looking for flexible working. Shift patterns range between the hours of 8am – 7pm with a share in ideally 1:2 Saturday mornings and there is no out of hours requirement for this role.
About the Practice:
Their team consists of 3 Veterinary Surgeons, 4 Registered Veterinary Nurses, 3 Student Veterinary Nurses, 8 Receptionists, a Practice Manager and Client Accounts Manager. Our client is well- equipped with a dedicated dental suite and dental x-ray, on site lab, x-ray and ultrasound. They have nurse clinic rooms in both practices. They are a social team and often arrange nights out. They also have their summer party ‘SaxFram Fest’ each year which is a highlight for the team.
Because our employees matter
They recognise that their people are fundamental to the success of their business. Investing in their people, premises and processes is at the heart of what they do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from –
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing, including discounted gym membership
- Non-accidental injury support
- £550 CPD allowance for 24hours paid pro rata
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension 5% Employee/3% Employee
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, they are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, they are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.