Registered Veterinary Nurse
Date PostedSeptember 29, 2023
Offered Salary£29000 / year
Expiration dateDecember 1, 2023
Our client is looking for a fantastic Registered Veterinary Nurse to join their team. This is a diverse role, and you will be responsible for all nursing duties including anaesthesia, inpatient care, schedule 3 procedures (after training if needed), cleaning and occasional reception duties, and nurse consults.
About the Role:
Their people are at the heart of everything that they do, that’s why they know that work-life balance is vital in supporting their people to be their best selves. Their flexible approach to rota patterns and working hours offers a balance that truly flexes with you and your lifestyle no matter what stage you are in your career.
You will work a maximum of five 7.5-hour shifts per week, between the hours of 8:00am – 7:15pm, with a 30-minute lunch break, but they can consider long days. Inpatient duties during evenings and weekends are on a shared rota. VetsNow is their out-of-hours provider.
About the Practice:
Their team and their lovely client base make this practice. Altogether they have 9 Veterinary Surgeons, 11 Registered Veterinary Nurses, 4 Receptionists, 1 Veterinary Care Assistant and 2 Admin staff. They also have a visiting Orthopaedic Surgeon with Cert Small Animal Orthopaedics FRCVS, as well as Nurse certificates in anaesthesia, ECC, medicine, surgery & feline medicine. They do lots of social activities as a team and are starting work to support their local community.
This is an excellent opportunity to join their modern, forward-thinking clinic, with staff who are dedicated to offering the best care to the small animal pets of Cheshire. They strive to be the leaders in their field for staff well-being and are committed to improving their practice sustainability.
Facilities include CT, ultrasound, in-house blood analysis, digital radiography, dental radiography, multiparameter monitoring, and a purpose-designed feline clinic.
Because their employees matter
They recognise that their people are fundamental to the success of their business. Investing in their people, premises and processes is at the heart of what they do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from –
- 6 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing, including discounted gym membership
- Non-accidental injury support
- £550 CPD allowance for 3 days paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension 5% Employee/3% Employer