Registered Veterinary Nurse
Date PostedNovember 2, 2023
Offered Salary£29000 / year
Expiration dateDecember 2, 2023
Our client is an established 3 branch small animal Veterinary practice who have an exciting opportunity for a hard-working RVN to join their Whitchurch team.
About the Role:
Your role as an RVN will include all aspects of first opinion nursing including, but not limited to; nurse clinics, monitoring of anaesthetics, inpatient care, administering medication, taking x-rays and carrying out diagnostic tests while regularly utilising all aspects of your schedule 3 skills. While you will be required to assist in all areas of the practice, individual nursing interests are supported and encouraged. They offer excellent career progression so they would be delighted to hear from all experience levels.
They offer flexible working hours between 8.00am and 6.30pm following a simple shift pattern. They cover their own out of hours from 6.30pm – 9.00pm weeknights and 8.00am – 5.00pm on weekends. Their on call rota is approx 1 in 16 weekends with 7 Saturday morning shifts per annum and 2-3 weeknights a month.
The successful candidate will be committed, enthusiastic and hard-working. You will need to be a proactive team player and someone who will deliver a high standard of veterinary nursing care.
About the Practice:
Their supportive team is made up of 7 Veterinary Surgeons, 8 Registered Veterinary Nurses, 1 Student Veterinary Nurse, 1 Veterinary Care Assistant and 6 experienced Receptionists and administrators. Their team pride themselves on offering an exceptional level of care by experienced vets and nurses, including certificate holders in surgery, medicine, cardiology and ECC. They are a very friendly, collaborative team full of fun and personality, while providing a supportive environment to develop each other’s skills.
Because their employees matter
They recognise that their people are fundamental to the success of their business. Investing in their people, premises and processes is at the heart of what they do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from –
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing, including discounted gym membership
- Non-accidental injury support
- £550 CPD allowance with 24 hours paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care