Registered Veterinary Nurse/ Final year SVN
Date PostedNovember 20, 2023
Offered Salary£30000 / year
Expiration dateDecember 20, 2023
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Registered Veterinary Nurse or Final Year SVN to join our client’s friendly and supportive team!
About the Role:
They are looking for an RVN to join them on a full-time basis. A full-time role would involve working 37.5 hours per week, over 5 days. Shifts are 7.5 hours long. There’s no out-of-hours required; however, they do need you to work 2:9 Saturday mornings. Part-time applicants are encouraged to apply as well! You’ll be covering standard RVN duties, Lab, and Dispensary whilst supporting the reception team. Full nurse clinics, ward and theatre nursing, radiography, and schedule 3 encouraged.
Shift patterns rota 2 early weeks and one late week. They encourage their nursing team to participate in a full range of nursing duties however if you have a passion for a particular role, they are happy to support you. An interest in clinical coaching is welcomed. You’ll be based at our Park View Hospital site, however, they will need you to cover 1 day per week at their Witham St Hughes Branch Surgery. This is located 5 minutes away from the main hospital.
About the Practice:
They are a purpose-built, tier-3 Veterinary Hospital. Equipment available: Laparoscopy, Ultrasound scan, Endoscopy, Bronchoscopy, Xray and dental Xray, Laser therapy. They have an amazing team and pride themselves in giving gold-standard care. They are based near the beautiful, historic city of Lincoln.
They are looking for a highly motivated, qualified veterinary nurse who can thrive in their practice. You will relate to their core principles and ensure that they provide a quality, caring experience for pet owners and their pets alike.
They have a team of 6 VS (2 holding medical certificates and 1 surgical), 8 RVNs (1 Dip AVN), 3 SVNs, 2 ACAs and 6 Receptionists. Their nurses have interests in ultrasound, wound care/management, laser therapy and so much more! They are looking for an enthusiastic, hard-working team player to slot into the current team. Candidates with specific interests will be supported and encouraged. Client evenings and Open days previously held to support local charities. You’ll always have access to a well-being champion on shift. There’s always someone to chat to on the more challenging days. The team keeps themselves busy outside of work too. They’re due to play crazy golf in the coming weeks! Their Christmas parties are always a hit with the team as well. They also run “cake Fridays” as well, which always goes down a treat with the team.
Because their employees matter
They recognise that their people are fundamental to the success of their business. Investing in their people, premises and processes is at the heart of what they do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from –
Work life balance
• 6.6 weeks annual leave
• Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
• Your birthday as a paid day off
• Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
• Private Medical Insurance
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing, including discounted gym membership
• Non-accidental injury support
• £550 CPD allowance with 24 hours paid pro rata
• Certificate support
• Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
• Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
• All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
• Infection Prevention and Control Programme
• Quality Improvement Programme
• VDS cover
• RCVS fees
• Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
• Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
• Discounted staff pet care