Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon
Date PostedNovember 16, 2023
Offered Salary£63000 / year
Expiration dateDecember 16, 2023
Our client is looking for an experienced veterinary surgeon to join their exceptional team. This role is ideal for a vet who has experience in first-opinion small animal practice and is up to date with their CPD. You will be competent in operating and working solo when necessary.
About the Role:
4-day week with set rota with shifts between 9 am – 6:30 pm, a fixed day off on a Thursday, and 1:3 Saturday mornings 9 am – 12 pm. There is no out-of-hours requirement as this is covered by their VetsNow team.
About the Practice:
State-of-the-Art Facilities: Their newly refurbished practice boasts a range of modern equipment, including x-ray, endoscopy, ultrasound, lab machines, and multiparameter machines.
Specialized Rooms: Benefit from a dedicated dental room and imaging room, a double theatre, separate kennels, and cattery areas.
Scenic Location: Located in a picturesque village near Cwmbran, we offer the tranquillity of village life while being close to local amenities.
Established Legacy: With over 60 years of service, our practice has built a strong and loyal client base.
Their Team is made up of 4 Vets, 6 Registered Veterinary Nurses and 1 Veterinary Care Assistant, supported by our 4 dedicated Receptionists and our Practice Manager. They are eager to expand the services they offer so a vet with a certificate/special interest would be ideal for this position.
- 6.6 weeks annual leave including bank holidays
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1250 CPD allowance with 40 hours paid per annum
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care