Soft Tissue Team Leader
Date PostedNovember 1, 2023
Offered Salary£40000 / year
Expiration dateDecember 1, 2023
Our client has an exciting opportunity within their nursing team for a Soft Tissue Team Leader to join them on a full-time basis. Their successful candidate will be a Registered Veterinary Nurse with leadership experience and knowledge of working within a hospital environment. The hours of work will be full-time over a 5 or 4-day working week, at the preference of the successful candidate. They are offering a salary of up to £40,000pa for this position, in line with your level of experience, plus extensive company benefits.
About the Role:
Working patterns of 5×8 hours or open to 4×10 hours, however flexibility is essential to meet the needs of the service and some late shifts may be required. Shifts start at 07:30 and finish at 20:30 currently. 1:6 weekends with TOIL days given. No on-calls, however, phone support may be needed when the Clinical Services Manager is unavailable.
You will work within their world-class Soft Tissue referrals service.
General duties for the Soft Tissue Team Leader role include:
- Identifying opportunities for growth, improvement in efficiencies and ways of working within the Soft Tissue department.
- Work collaboratively with the Soft Tissue Surgeons and supporting patient care.
- Ensuring patients receive the highest standard of care and being an expert in the field supporting the wider clinical team.
- Line management, such as monitoring performance, conducting regular reviews, identifying and implementing training and development needs, and applying HR policies flexibly and fairly.
- Writing and reviewing standards of procedure, ensuring compliance.
- General clinical RVN responsibilities including client communication, patient anaesthesia and sedation, completion of relevant patient paperwork, arranging admits and discharges etc.
Due to the nature of the role, their successful applicant will be a qualified RVN with leadership experience and extensive knowledge of nursing Soft Tissue cases. Additional qualifications relevant to the position and experience in delivering in-house training are beneficial but not essential.
About the Practice:
Our client is a purpose-built, state-of-the-art veterinary hospital that provides the latest in cutting-edge, specialist treatments for cats and dogs, supported by an exceptional rehabilitation and physiotherapy facility. Their hospital has seen significant growth within their team, services and facilities since they opened, and are currently undergoing further expansion.
They deliver world-class exemplary clinical services, with a clear focus on the people that make that a reality. By nurturing their workforce, they are able to offer the very best services to the pets entrusted into our care, as well as to their owners.
They were born of the belief that there is room for a new wave of veterinary excellence across the UK. There is a strong focus on providing a personal and reassuring client experience, from first contact through to discharge. Excellent clinical care, delivered in a friendly and supportive manner to Referral Vets, is paramount to the team.
The hospital is operational 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, and is able to offer the most advanced treatment options available for Orthopaedic, Neurology, Soft Tissue, Oncology and Internal Medicine cases. There is a 1.5T high-field magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and computerised tomography (CT) suite on-site, and the hospital has invested in the latest direct digital radiography systems (also known as radiographs or X-rays) (DR). They routinely use computerised gait analysis to aid in the diagnosis of complex multi-limb lameness and employ the same technology to monitor recovery from surgery. This individual approach to post-operative rehabilitation optimises outcomes and shortens recovery times. Despite working within such a large team, they pride theirselves on maintaining a friendly and supportive culture with a focus on development, clinical excellence and gold standard patient care.
Their dedicated team is gearing up to introduce a state-of-the-art HDU unit, a remarkable addition that significantly elevates the level of care and support they can offer to their valued patients. This exciting enhancement is a testament to their steadfast commitment to their well-being and recovery. With cutting-edge technology and a compassionate approach, they’re setting new standards in patient care excellence. Their new facility will be staffed with a dedicated team, whose primary focus will be to cater for all their patient’s specific needs.
Because Their Employees Matter
They recognise that their people are fundamental to the success of their business. Investing in their people, premises and processes is at the heart of what they do. In addition to a competitive salary up to £40,000pa, you will benefit from –
- 6.6 weeks annual leave, inclusive of bank holidays.
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off.
- £1500 relocation allowance.
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay.
- Private Medical Insurance.
- Cycle to Work scheme.
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing, including discounted gym membership.
- Non-accidental injury support.
- £550 CPD allowance with 30 hours paid pro rata.
- Certificate support.
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy.
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding.
- Infection, Prevention and Control Programme.
- Quality Improvement Programme.
- VDS cover.
- RCVS fees.
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers.
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer.
- Discounted staff pet care.