Date PostedOctober 2, 2023
Offered Salary£60000 / year
Expiration dateDecember 1, 2023
An opportunity has arisen for a Veterinary Surgeon to join our client’s team. You will have a mix of consults and surgery, and will be supported by their amazing team of RVNs. Any areas of interest are welcomed and CPD is actively encouraged. Ideally you will be confident and have experience performing routine surgeries.
About the Role:
They prioritise the well-being of their people and strive to offer a flexible working pattern that ensures an excellent work-life balance. Our client wants you to have that brilliant balance that works for you so they are open to discussing rota patterns – you tell them what you need. If you opt for full time you will work 38 hours per week. Their working day ends at 6pm and there is no out of hours. Weekends are 1:3 Saturday mornings between 9am-12pm.
About the Practice:
At their practice, you will join forces with an experienced Vet with a strong passion for feline medicine. You will be supported by a team of five long-serving, hands-on nurses and 2 Veterinary Surgeons. Their Registered Veterinary Nurses (RVNs) are highly skilled and independently run nurse consults. They are also enthusiastic about participating in schedule 3 procedures. Their dedicated support team consists of three friendly receptionists, a diligent practice manager, and an experienced practice director. They ensure the smooth functioning of their practice and provide invaluable assistance to their clients and staff. They foster a sociable environment and frequently organize gatherings outside of work, such as meals, drinks, and dog walks. The well-being of their people is a top priority, and therefore, they provide access to mental health services for all team members. They are fortunate to have a dedicated well-being champion among their staff, ensuring that there is always someone available to lend a listening ear on those challenging days.
Join them delivering a professional service and enhancing their strong reputation. They are well equipped with diagnostics including inhouse lab, digital x-ray and ultrasound. Their theatre is kitted out for soft tissue and orthopaedic surgery, if you have an interest in this area. For several years, they have actively supported a local cat charity, assisting them in preparing their residents for adoption. Their commitment to providing a personal and professional service has earned them a strong reputation in the local area.
They value their people and recognise their significance in their success. They invest in their people to provide the best possible environment for their team. In addition to a competitive base salary, they offer the following benefits:
They value your work-life balance
- 6.6 weeks annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
They care for your health and wellbeing
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
They prioritise your development
- £1250 CPD allowance with 40 hours paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
They support with professional memberships
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
They also offer additional perks
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, they are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, they are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.