Date PostedNovember 9, 2023
Offered Salary£63000 / year
Expiration dateDecember 9, 2023
Our client is looking for a Veterinary Surgeon to join their Reading practice and work alongside their highly experienced, dedicated team. This is a maternity cover position with a contract length of up to 9 months however they also have a permanent opportunity available.
This role provides a varied caseload which will allow you to develop your skills, with a nice mix of surgeries and consults. If you are interested in developing your skillset, they also have the opportunity to take on some Head Vet responsibilities. They also ensure time is allocated for admin on a daily basis which allows you to concentrate on your patients during the consult time.
About the Role:
Typically, this position is full time over 4/5 days per week, working a combination of early shifts (8am-4.30pm) and late shifts (11am – 7.30pm), with 1:3 Saturday mornings and no OOH (when you work a Saturday, you gain a day in lieu). Their people are at the heart of everything that they do, that’s why they know that work-life balance is vital in supporting their people to be their best selves. Whether you are looking for condensed working days or flexible working hours, they can find the perfect rota pattern for you. They would welcome both full and part time applicants.
About the Practice:
They pride themselves on offering high quality Vet care at prices affordable to all. They are a first opinion small animal practice, and they are conveniently situated in the lovely high street of Woodley, just a 10-minute walk to and from the train station, with easy links to London. Their facility is large and modern with 4 consult rooms; a dedicated x-ray and ultrasound room and a large modern theatre and prep room.
Their practice is a 3-Vet team with 3 Registered Veterinary Nurses, 2 Student Veterinary Nurses and 5 Supporting team members. Their Head Vet is completing a certificate in Soft Tissue Surgery and their Practice Manager is completing a medical nursing certificate. Their team are passionate about providing gold standard care to their clients and their pets and they have a strong ethos of teamwork and communication. This is a unique opportunity to join a super friendly team and work in a supportive environment that offers the scope for further development in your chosen area of interest.
They recognise that their people are fundamental to the success of their business. Investing in their people, premises and processes is at the heart of what they do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from –
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1250 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro rata
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care