Date PostedNovember 13, 2023
Offered Salary£65000 / year
Expiration dateDecember 13, 2023
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Vet Surgeon to join their friendly, well-established team. If successful, you will have the opportunity to shape the role to match your clinical interests and work-life balance. They have an excellent support network of IVC practices, meaning you will have access to a wide range of certificate holders, such as ECC, surgery, medicine, imaging, exotics and much more!
About the Role:
This role will entail a mix of consults and surgical cases however, the clinical duties and rota pattern can be tailored to you based on your professional interests. You will work closely alongside our other vets, benefitting from outstanding nursing support across the board. Their team is very interactive and we welcome feedback to implement changes to benefit their team and enhance their culture. Development is encouraged and you will have fantastic support from their excellent long-standing team.
They offer flexible working patterns that flex with you and your lifestyle. Whether you are looking to flex your rota hours to balance the school holidays, fix to navigate the school runs or just looking to strike that balance between home and work life. They can offer flexibility that works for you. A full-time role would be based on 4 days per week (working 9.00 am to 6.30 pm). They are open to discussing any hours that you need to ensure that you get perfect work-life balance.
About the Practice:
They are a friendly and long established 100% Small Animal practice with an experienced and long-standing team. They are situated in a beautiful semi-rural location in Leeds – Sherburn-in-Elmet. Sherburn is a fast-growing village and is in a great central location between Leeds, York, Doncaster and Hull, It is well placed for commuters and families looking for a new home between city and country life. Sherburn is serviced by its own railway station there are regular direct trains to Hull, York and Sheffield, these are all within a reasonable driving distant too. Sherburn is a very welcoming village with all the amenities you could ask for including an award wining butchers, local bakers, handmade chocolates and old-fashioned sweet, as well as warm welcoming local pubs and cafes.
What can they offer you?
- A salary of up to £65,000 DOE
- A welcome bonus for new hires of up to £10,000 (pro rata), along with relocation support of up to £5000
- Support for international candidates, (including visa costs paid for)
- Complete flexibility with hours/duties, this is an excellent chance to create the perfect role for you
- Full certificate support
- Temporary accommodation to help with your move to Leeds if required
Because their employees matter
They recognise that their people are fundamental to the success of their business. Investing in their people, premises and processes is at the heart of what they do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from –
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1250 CPD allowance with 40 hours paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care